Get your SAFe® Scrum Master Certification
In this two-day course, you will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe® enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe® Scrum Master course will take your Scrum Master skills to the next level by exploring the Scrum Master role in the context of organizations that are working within the Scaled Agile Framework, You will be prepared to plan and execute the Program Increment (PI) successfully which is described as the heartbeat of a SAFe® organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile, Scrum, Lean and Kanban are used to deliver customer value.
- Lean Portfolio management
- Organizational Agility
- A continuous learning culture
- Lean – Agile Leadership
- Team and Technical agility
- Agile Product delivery, and
- Enterpise solution delivery
You will discover how to build high performing Agile teams, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe® environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe®.
Cost: R11 550,00 Excl Vat
What Are The 5 Primary Responsibilities of a Safe® Scrum Master?
- Exhibits Lean-Agile Leader habits in a Lean-Agile Mentality. Helps the Healthy Core Values unit, embrace and apply Healthy Standards, and enforce SAFe® practices.
- Must be skillful at following prerequisites – An Agile Team’s rules are usually not stringent but there are still rules. The Scrum Master reinforces them. This could include Scrum rules, Extreme Programming (XP) Built-In Standard Practices, Kanban Work-in-Progress (WIP) restrictions, and any other procedure rules decided by the team.
- Supports the Product Owner – The Scrum Master helps the Product Owner handle the backlog and lead the team while facilitating iteration from a balanced and diverse team focused on reaching team goals.
- Promotes SAFe® quality practices – SAFe® offers guidelines to help teams continually increase the quality of their deliverables and achieve finished, Definition of Done (DoD) business results. The Scrum Master helps cultivate the atmosphere of professional discipline and expertise that characterizes successful Agile teams. They help the team concentrate on each version of a goal in terms of existing Program Increment (PI) goals.
- Building a high-performing team – Concentrating on ever-improving trends and efficiency. The SAFe® Scrum Master helps the team navigate organisational tensions, challenges, and development prospects. They are the direct link between the product owner and the larger business stakeholders.
How Can You Use the Scaled Agile Framework?
If your enterprise is only starting to move to agile, SAFe® may be a viable choice to cross the gap due to its more prescriptive approach than, say, Disciplined Agile (DA), which provides greater consistency and customization but still allows an organisation to grasp agile concepts. Another advantage of Scaled Agile is that it also includes upper-level stakeholders mixing planning with the strategic goals of the business.
SAFe® prioritizes jobs with methods like WSJF (Weighted Shortest Job First). WSJF is a priority model used to sequence jobs like epics, features and capabilities to deliver the fastest maximum business value. The SAFe® Framework also means that everybody from top management to individual agile teams has the same mission and aim while engaging on the most critical topics at hand.
What You Will Learn
|Learn how to build highly efficient teams, and the concepts of forming, storming, norming and performing.|
|Learn how to be a Scrum Master and manage your high-performance team.|
|Absorb the basic concepts of a Scrum Master, including the Scrum Master as a Servant Leader and how to coach your team.|
|Form your team with insights on team structure, team purpose, and how Scrum ceremonies foster collaboration.|
|Avoid roadblocks by learning the five dysfunctions of a team.|
|Understand the Scrum Masters role within the Scaled Agile Framework|
Which is better - PMP or SAFe® Scrum Master?
PMP is the most accepted project management qualification. It tests individuals on their project management vocabulary, processes, and tactics expertise. While a project manager works on tasks and deadlines, a scrum master directs and manages his / her squad.
Scrum framework is mainly used in dynamic product creation environments. Scrum Master is the scrum team’s central person and occupies the role of a servant leader for the scrum team. They ensure that the development team knows and enacts scrum rules. They still try to ensure scrum teams adhere to scrum values. They maintain agile practices and scrum rules. They get the best products from their teams by maximising the value created in agile environments
About the trainer
Having spent almost all her working career in IT, the arrival of Lean-Agile brought a fresh new way of working, one that Brigitte is passionate about – “It just makes so much sense”. She was at the forefront of the Lean-Agile transformation at a leading financial institution in South Africa, and continues to share her passion through consulting, training and coaching opportunities with Kaizania. She has travelled extensively on the African continent as a SAFe Program Consultant, and has formally trained in excess of 450 people across the continent. She is passionate about training, and her experience in the field allows her to connect the theory to the practice.
Germaine has extensive Lean and Scaled Agile experience with various financial services organizations including both Standard Bank and Old Mutual. Germaine has worked across multiple business units within the Banking sector to form, train and empower teams and various business units to optimize and deliver results that shift the dial.
Germaine, is currently, part of a team that has been formed to launch the Old Mutual Wealth ART that has seen Wealth teams constructed to deliver end to end Wealth solutions to achieve impressive business value results.
Germaine has a passion for process efficiency engineering and enabling end-to-end value delivery within the context of Lean and coupled with her Agile knowledge she jointly approaches an Agile transformation journey that benefits Business and IT.
Professional Development Units & Scrum Education Units
|Claim Code||4446CQX5MO||Duration||2 days|
|Scrum Alliance SEU||16 hours|
The trainer was incredibly engaging and this Scrum Master course helped me improve in my role.
SAFe Scrum Master
Date: June 2023
"Very engaging, held my interest, was easy and enjoyable to attend her session. She was great with getting the group to be vocal and interactive."